Friday, December 20, 2019

'Tis the Season!

Hello and welcome to The Greenkeeper!  Today is Friday, December 20th and this is my final post for 2019.  What a year it has been!  Those of you that reached out following my last post thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad to know you found the numbers informative and helpful.  Quick update on the weather, the rainfall for December has now reached 4.25 inches and our Year-To-Date total sits at 55.52 inches.  And it appears we have more rainfall in the forecast for Sunday and Monday before warming up for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Winter in the Carolinas is a roller coaster.  We warm up and rain, then turn bitterly cold for a few days only to do it over again.
Earlier this week I had the good fortune to attend the Past President's Dinner at Carolina Golf Club.  It truly is a wonderful tradition and something I look forward to every year.  During the evening I couldn't help but think of an older post where I wrote about the occasion and a missed opportunity to express my thoughts and feelings about being the superintendent of Carolina Golf Club.

I searched The Greenkeeper archives early this morning for that post and discovered ironically it was exactly six years ago today.  Which turns out to be the last time Christmas Day fell on Wednesday like it does this year.  The post dated Friday, December 20, 2013 expressed thoughts and feelings that couldn't be summarized any better today.  So kickback, pour a cup of coffee and enjoy Quick Update, Reflections, and Merry Christmas! 

I hope you enjoyed that look back.  Just like six years ago we hit the road in the morning for Virginia.  Four Christmases in four days before we make the trek back to the Queen City on Christmas Day, wish us luck!  And just in case Santa didn't see my wish on Twitter I've embedded it here so fingers crossed he sees this.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!


Matthew Wharton, CGCS, MG

No comments:

Post a Comment