Sunday, February 16, 2014

President's Day Golf!

Hello and welcome to "The Greenkeeper"!  Today is Sunday, February 16th and the big thaw continues in Charlotte, NC!  I just wrapped up my second tour of the golf course today as I inspected the course a little past noon to get an early assessment, then waited until 3:00 pm to take a second look.  Things melted significantly in those last two hours and I am happy to report the course will be open for golf tomorrow, President's Day!  

During my first tour of the course we still had seven putting surfaces with 100% snow cover, including numbers 1 and 11.  However, the pictures below indicate things changed in the favor of those members afflicted with cabin fever this afternoon.


Number 1

Number 11

Temperatures are expected to drop below freezing tonight and thus a frost delay is imminent in the morning.  My staff and I still need to help Mother Nature finish clearing away some lingering snow from just a few greens, and we will have to wait on the frost in order to do so.

The golf course will open at 10:00 am for those wishing to reserve a tee time.  It is important to note the golf course is still extremely wet from all the precipitation, and all golf cars will need to remain on the paths tomorrow!  Thank you for your patience and understanding, and I will...

See you on the course,

Matthew Wharton
Golf Course Superintendent


No comments:

Post a Comment